March 20, 2019
Please contact the Nebraska Emergency Management Agency at 402-471-7421 for information regarding your local emergency manager. For information on local shelters, health resources, and more please visit their website here.
The Nebraska Department of Agriculture has compiled the following information for farmers and ranchers. For more information click here.
Click here for information on Nebraska’s current road and highway conditions.
The American Red Cross is operating or partnering with 9 shelters in Nebraska to assist those who have been displaced from their homes due to flooding. The shelters are located in:
Snyder Village Auditorium, 203 Ash Street
Calvary Christian Church, 10100 Cedar Island Road
East Central District Health Department, 4321 41st Avenue
St. Edward Fire and Rescue, 1302 Hwy 39
Wood River Rural High School
13800 W Wood River Road P.O. Box 518
Elkhorn Middle School, 3200 Military Avenue
Fremont Middle School, 540 Johnson Road
First Lutheran Church, 3200 Military Avenue
Salem Lutheran Church, 401 E. Military Avenue
Anyone who has been displaced from their home is urged to come to a shelter. Volunteers are on hand to provide a safe place to stay, a place to sleep, a hot meal and referrals to partner agencies.
Anyone evacuating to a shelter should bring essential items for each member of the family, including:
- Prescriptions and emergency medications
- Foods that meet unusual dietary requirements
- Identification to show residence is in affected area and important personal documents
- Extra clothing, pillows, blankets, hygiene supplies and other comfort items
- Supplies needed for children and infants, such as diapers, formula and toys
- Special items for family members who are elderly or disabled